Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election 2008- Now what?!

I received this encouraging word from my pastor today and I whole heartedly agree.

Let us shift our prayers toward Barack Obama, the salvation of him and his family, his protection and he would be used by the Lord, etc...Byron’s sense is we are not to be critical and complaining but are to pray for our leaders as Paul directed us to.

1 Timothy 2:1-5
First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men, 2 for kings and all who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity. 3 This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

“If we will have this heart I know we will be in sync with the heart of God. We will have to trust Him with the results of the election.” Blessings, bw

My two cents: After all what good does it do to groan and complain? Let's just be glad that we still have a voice. We should use that voice to encourage rather than discourage, to build up not tear down. LIFE and death are in the tongue. I choose LIFE. God is in control. He is not surprised, He will protect and keep us safe.

We can let our desires be known by contacting our senators and reps. This is not a time to give up or lie down. Now more than ever before is the time to lift up our leaders in prayer and join together. Let us be like the sons of Isaccar knowing the signs of the times and acting accordingly.

Resting snuggly in HIS arms,
Krista

1 comment:

Mike Harris said...

Due to this post I now pray daily for Obama to get saved. Thanks to you and Byron. (And in answer to your comment on one of my blog posts - yes. I do believe we are in the end times. I just don't fully know what that means for the here and now.